Saturday, March 03, 2007

Dracula- Bram Stoker

Okay, first the last time a vampire book scared me, half as much as this one did, was Thirsty in 5th grade.
This is, as far as I know, the first book published dealing directly with blood sucking ex-human parasites. Although I could be wrong feel free to correct me.

As I said in a previous post this book is very dry. If you have a lot of time on your hands, during daylight hours, try it. I don't recommend reading it after dark and certainly not if you want to sleep. I also wouldn't let small children anywhere near it.
The story line is okay, but then again I only read about half of it. Most of the beginning and part of the middle and one chapter at the end. (I still don't know exactly what happened, but normally I like the vampires, I hated Dracula{character as well as the actual book})
It says a lot when I can't finish a book. Of course my copy is about 40 years old and the cover was replaced by a file folder when I was in 10th grade. Needless to say my biology teacher got a kick out of the yellow cover. Bright yellow. Almost the color of the flame that will eat it when I finally barbecue books. Oh yeah this is on that list..

No comments: