Thursday, September 04, 2008

Booking Through Thursday from Breathless Mind, struck my fancy


Have you ever felt pressured to read something because ‘everyone else’ was reading it? Have you ever given in and read the book(s) in question or do you resist? If you are a reviewer, etc, do you feel it’s your duty to keep up on current trends?

I don't believe in doing what "everyone else" is doing. I'm still a die hard Christian in a world where Atheism is gaining rapidly. I'm mostly conservative on a personal level, while allowing you to make your own choices on a more public level. I believe that animals were put here for us. We are irrefutably the top of the food chain (unless you mess with a grizzly bear, a mountain lion, a shark or your areas equivalent). Nothing to do with books but I like to talk about me so...

I read the Harry Potter books 1-4 because I liked them 5-7 because I get invested in characters and HAVE to know what happens to them. I'm still pissed that Rowling killed Snape, I loved that icky slimeball! I still love him! And think she should write a series focusing on him...

To a certain extent I like to keep up with the current trends I read the Eragon books. I'm (eventually) going to finish the first Twilight book, although if I have to read about teen vampires, I'd rather read Amelia Atwater-Rhodes.

As to my personal taste in books, it's fairly easy to ascertain from the content of this blog.

I like my Sci-Fi/Fantasy (lackey/Mallory/Showalter{posts on Showalter's books forth coming in the next few weeks}). I love my classics (Verne/Dumas/Wilde,{I suppose Poe and Lyly poems are classics as well, also Sabatini}). I also love Mitch Albom, and really enjoyed Stone Butch Blues, again, post forth coming in the next month or so.

Mostly I will read anything you put in front of me from Romance to murder mysteries to classics to religious texts and poetry. Oh I also LOVE Coville's Unicorn books.

When I finally find a copy, Dante's Divine Comedy books will be the oldest writings in my collection, other than my Lutheran modern language Bible. Which I want to have read by the time I'm 25. I'm probably not going to hit that one.

My taste in books is eclectic. As is my taste in music. (off topic but I've wanted to talk about it for so long).

I love Beethoven, and the religious stuff from the Middle Ages. I love country, punk, rock, oldies, folk, and death metal I pretty much love it all, except most pop, rap and hip hop, just because it kind of annoys me.

Obviously, I am a reviewer, take a look at my blog!

No comments: