Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Todays ramble...




I was on MySpace last night messing around on Bumper Stickers. When voila I came across this "winner". Well winner of the most insulting one I've seen. And there are some nasty ones.

Why do I find this so offensive?

Easy...

Matthew 7:1
Judge not lest ye be judged.



No wonder they can't believe in God, if people who do believe in God can't follow His words!!!
As I've said before acceptance is key to a peaceful existence! We're supposed to live according to the rules in the Bible, some I agree with others I don't (I have a very handpicked religion), but this one is good even if you are an Atheist. You don't have to be a believer to get something out of the Bible.

Mind you I do find it amazing that there are people out there who don't believe just because of how much of my life is taken up with my belief. I pray more than is necessary. I think about what I believe nearly all the time.

By the way so far that's my favorite passage in the Bible, but then I haven't even gotten past Moses and the Exodus yet!

Also I feel I must add that all the anti-God stuff makes me angry too get over it, statistics show more of us believe than don't accept that you can't make us stop believing .Move on. Everyone!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Award for one of the most reasonable Christians I have ever encountered. You can has it. :D

Anonymous said...

Lol, that's just stupid! I'm glad you think so too.

For a start, atheism is just not believing in God(s), nothing to do with how life/the universe came about. You can be an atheist and believe that the universe was created by the sneeze of a unicorn. (Don't worry, I don't ;-) )

"You don't have to be a believer to get something out of the Bible." Definitely =) I'm a big fan of the 'do unto others' thing.

I wonder if maybe believers and non-believers think about a lot of the same things, just in a different way. I think a lot about what I believe/think/feel about all kinds of things. There's not a lot else to do on the bus...

Breezey375 said...

Holly,
Thank you thank you very much I'll be here all week!

Jennifer
I understand. I get that other people Atheist or not think about what they believe too, I just do so obsessively and dissect it too!