Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Book 1 in 2009. The Phoenix Endangered: Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory: SPOILERS!!!

I finished this yesterday. I got it in the mail sometime last week. This is the first book of the year that I've felt comfortable reviewing on here (everything else has been Romance novels which I just will not review).

It was really good for the most part. Harrier is working on his Knight Mage skills.

Etc etc.

But I was very disappointed by how typical it was. It was just like all Lackey's other plot lines. Complete with the annoying idiot girl! Whom I really cannot stand. Oh and they still haven't told us what Kellen did with the rest of his life. Disappointing.

And the ending? Come on!!! I really think I have a handle on what happened. We all know Lackey likes Anne McCaffrey and all these other authors right? Well McCaffrey had the same little plot twist in one of her books someone just suddenly disappearing. And I think I also know what the lake of fire that Teircel was dreaming about was. This is not hard to figure out!

But all in all a very good book. But not enough on Harrier's fighting training in a sort of ninja martial arts kind of way!

No comments: