Friday, March 27, 2009

Walk of the Spirits- Richie Tankersley Cusick

This is one of the best Young Adult books I've read in a very long time. And yes I know you're all shocked I'm posting a bout a book... In detail.

I've read Cusick's work before and always been fond of it one of my first Young Adult books (that I went out of my way to own) was her Fatal Secrets. Which I can get a new copy of for a penny through Amazon... (My copy is long since missing the last two pages, which are the best in the book, it's where main girl Ryan gets together with Jinx, her best friends younger brother). unfortuantely shipping is $4... Also the copy I have is the old library copy and the first one I read of it.

Any way. This is the story of a girl who moves with her mother to live in the appartment over her grandfather's garage. Her mom HATES her grandfather and as such won't allow her daughter to meet him.

The girl is assaigned to a study group where she is to come up with a project about the town's history. They decide to do a "Ghost Tour" places like New Orleans, Savannah and Gettysburg as well as many other cities have them, those are just the ones I've really looked into. I so want to go on a couple. But anyway, turns out the family has this little "gift" every other generation someone can talk to ghosts. And the screams the girl has been hearing for months are ghosts of Civil War soldiers and various others who want her to help them.

This is an incredible story and really well written. The end was a little hokey but Cusick's tend to be a little woozy towards the ends.

Loved it. Recommend it.


Posts coming soon:
Watchmen (seen movie read Graphic Novel, am now not just nerd also geek. Thank you)
Princess Ben, chubby Princess, Dragons, magic oooooh... GOOD BOOK
Ingo- haven't finished it yet but not liking so far so probably not a nice review. Apparently part of a series so someone must have liked it.

1 comment:

threecollie said...

Well, now I hope you still have it so I can read it. lol