from mattviews a book meme
1. What author do you own the most books by?
Probably Christine Feehan. "vampire"/paranormal romance writer. my cousin has those books and if I don't get them back soon. Some one is going to get hurt. With those ten or 15 books out of my collection, Sabatini, I have The Sea Hawk, Scaramouche, Captain Blood, a copy of The Fortunes of Captain Blood and The Lion Skin. also there are so many more by him that I want soooo badly next comes Bruce Coville and Tamora Pierce
2. What book do you own the most copies of?
sadly The Wind in the Willows, I fell in love with Badger as a very small child watching the animated movie of this (which we have somewhere) and then at 17 I got myself an old copy of this and another book by the same man. I read it and loved it. Then my mom gave me her two or three copies, then my grandmother got these adorable little egg figurines with the River Rat, Mole, Toad and Badger in them. She lost Badger but gave the others to my older sister (doesn't like Wind in the Willows) so she passed them to me for my birthday. Then grandma found Badger and was going to give it to sister. Was forced to admit she had given them to me. So I got Badger. (I LOVE BADGER). Then grandma gave me wonderful, complete with box, which is now hidden where only I can find it, copy with the most amazing illustrations copy.... I have lots of copies of The Wind in The Willows.
3. Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions?
ummm with what? and why do I care about grammer?
4. What fictional character are you secretly in love with?
Snape from Harry Potter. *sorry* Alberich from Take a Thief, Numair (not sure I spelled that right) from The Realms of the Gods, Nimrod from Children of the Lamp, I could go on but it's already a long list wait none of those are "secret"
5. What book have you read the most times in your life (excluding picture books read to children)?
hmm probably... I really don't know... I read most books more than once so it's hard to narrow down to one that's been read the most
6. What was your favourite book when you were ten years old?
at ten? I think Into The Land of the Unicorns by Bruce Coville
7. What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year?
8. What is the best book you’ve read in the past year?
Dark Whispers Bruce Coville I can't wait for the next and probably last book in this series who doesn't love Cara and the Dimblethum?
9. If you could force everyone you tagged to read one book, what would it be?
hmm I don't know. I much prefer to recommend based on an individuals preferance in books, but probably something by Sabatini
10. Who deserves to win the next Nobel Prize for Literature?
I don't know
11. What book would you most like to see made into a movie?
I hate it when books are made into movies so let them make the rest of the terrible Twilight series, which is by the way an insult to books everywhere
12. What book would you least like to see made into a movie?
anybook I really like
13. What is the most lowbrow book you’ve read as an adult?
"lowbrow"? I don't understand.
14. What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read?
The Lion Skin, I couldn't follow it at all
15. Roth or Updike? David Sedaris or Dave Eggers? Shakespeare, Milton, or Chaucer? Austen or Eliot?
don't know them, again don't know them, Chaucer, who?