Wednesday, March 23, 2011

looking at old Booking Through Thursday questions this caught my eye

Do you multi-task when you read? Do other things like stirring things on the stove, brushing your teeth, watching television, knitting, walking, et cetera?

Or is it just me, and you sit and do nothing but focus on what you’re reading?

(Or, if you do both, why, when, and which do you prefer?)

Surprisingly enough or maybe not so surprisingly I do multi-task a lot while reading. I watch TV, work in the barn and I've been know to sit in one place for hours reading six to ten books in a day. I go both ways. My obvious preference would be to sit uninterrupted for hours. Alas that doesn't happen much. I have work (two jobs) and a life outside of books. Which continues to sadden me no end!

2 comments:

Kristen Montgomery Breh said...

I read while on hall duty, stopping to ask to see students' passes when our paths meet. I continually get other faculty say, "Wow, how can you walk and read?" I respond, "The same way you walk and talk." No I don't say that. But I'd like to.

Breezey375 said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! And really you should say that to someone! Talk about a snappy come back!