Thursday, October 30, 2008

Booking Through Thursday from Breathless Mind

Are you a spine breaker? Or a dog-earer? Do you expect to keep your books in pristine condition even after you have read them? Does watching other readers bend the cover all the way round make you flinch or squeal in pain?


Oh, golly. I break spines, dog-ear. Very few of my books are even in decent condition. Books that I get out of the library read then later buy myself a copy, those are in good shape.

My Unicorn Chronicles are in great shape, as is my copy of the Sea Hawk, and Captain Blood, also Exile's Honor.

While my Take a Thief has finally very nearly bite the dust. My copy of To Kill a Mockingbird did bit the dust as did many others (my first copy of The Wind in the Willows, hey it was one of those children's pop up things? read the parts with Badger 'til they fell to bits. I love badger.)

Bending books all the way 'round? Yeah, I do that too. Books are meant to be enjoyed. As long as you don't have to return them to someone!

also list of top books over the last however long it was...

8 comments:

♥Lisa♥ @ FinalScore:Boys3Girls2 said...

Im a dog ear queen, but i do like to keep the jackets nice :)

I boo-ed you, come see :)

Breezey375 said...

Same here. Jackets come off before reading. Unfortuanately many of them get lost.
Thanks for stopping by.

SmilingSally said...

Hey, if you bought it, do whatever you want with it. I don't judge.

Breezey375 said...

smilingsal- Thanks! Drives some people nuts to watch me destroy books!
Thanks for stopping!

Anonymous said...

I hadn't thought about it, but my read-the-library-copy-then-bought-my-own books are probably in the best shape too. My Tamora Pierce ones are the shabbiest of all lol.

I like the new header btw. =)

Breezey375 said...

All my Tamora's are in good shape. I have copies of the ones I've read the most.

Thanks. I was sick of the last one!

Sunnysmileqt said...

Thanks for checking out my post. The Shel Silverstein book that you love is The Giving Tree. It's a great book!

Breezey375 said...

emily- Thanks I for some reason can never remember that title!