From B. Fish Reads
1. Tag 3-5 people, so the fun keeps going!
2. Leave a comment at the original post at A Striped Armchair, so that Eva can collect everyone’s answers.
3. If you leave a comment and link back to Eva as the meme’s creator, she will enter you in a book giveaway contest! She has a whole shelf devoted to giveaway books that you’ll be able to choose from, or a bookmooch point if you prefer.
4. Remember that this is all about enjoying books as physical objects, so feel free to describe the exact book you’re talking about, down to that warping from being dropped in the bath water…
5. Make the meme more fun with visuals! Covers of the specific edition you’re talking about, photos of your bookshelves, et
Backlink to Meme's Creator at A Striped Armchair
# The book that's been on my shelf the longest: I think that would be well there's always been a copy of Anne of Green Gables whether a Children's Abridged Version given to me by my grandma. Or one of the many copies I've destroyed over the years..
# A book that reminds you of something specific in your life (a person, a place, a time, etc.): This is even harder than the first. I suppose Mitch Ablom's The Five People You Meet in Heaven it always makes me think of the older brother who gave it to me (again Scott thanks for the crow). Or Fannie Flagg's Can't Wait to get to Heaven, for some reason the little old lady in it makes me think of my grandma Peggy (died in 2001) No idea why just does.
# A book you acquired in some interesting way (gift, serendipity in a used bookstore, prize, etc.): I think that would be Sabatini's Scaramouche. I'd kind of been wanting to read it (older readers know I'm obsessed with his books) I haven't read it yet but after I manage to get my hand on the three books that will be my first three books of '09. I've re-read a couple but even though I'm doing that one Review All Challenge I'm not reviewing R rated books. Doing so would make me uncomfortable. And what with deciphering The Matrix trilogy (still can't decide if Neo died or not) I haven't finished a single new book yet.. And it's the sixth!!!
# A book that’s been with you to the most places: Hmmm sadly that's probably the Digging for the Truth book by Josh Bernstein... Hey the cover is portable eye candy!!!
# The most recent addition to your shelves: That would be The Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. LeGuin, mom found her copy and thought I might like it I'm not even done with the first chapter but so far I really like it!.
# A bonus book that you want to talk about but doesn’t fit into the other questions: Dirt Cheap... Sort of fit the most interesting way gotten one, went to a lecture by the author got myself a copy a few months later.