Monday, September 26, 2011

last weeks Booking Through Thursday

Do you carry books with you when you’re out and about in the world?

And, do you ever try to hide the covers?


I always have at least one book with me. Most times more than one. Only on occasion when I have entirely run out of books to read or I am too sick to want to read or will be just at my job at McD's for an hour or two and I know for SURE that someone will be there to drive me home right on time do I not carry a book with me. My purses actually have to be of a certain size to accomadate my books. I used to want a tiny purse that looked cute but then I realized that I couldn't carry any reading material with me when I did that so I gave up on them.

The only time I try to hide covers, other than High School when I was a lot afraid of getting given a hard time by my fellow students, it had happened more than once, is when the book has either got a truly raunchy cover or is just something I'm not going to admit I'm reading.. Like the Criss Angel book, which I took the dust jacket off and was very careful not to show the binding of at all while reading it at college. For the most part the people I know are very well aware of what I read and I don't care if they know which particular book I have with me.

No comments: