Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Another BTT

btt button

Have you ever finished a book and loved it so much you went right back and started re-reading it again?

(And obviously, if so, we want titles!)


This happens to me all the time, so the list of titles would be really long.

In recent memory, John Flanagan's The Ranger's Apprentice books rated an immediate revisit as well as multiple other revists in the following months. I've now read the entire series at least 5 times.

Brisingr, Chris Paolini, was immediately flipped back to the front.

As was Mercedes Lackey's Intrigues.

I am of the opinion that books really benefit from being reread and if a book grabs me really strongly then I have no problem immediately rereading it. There have been other more mature (murder mystery and romance novels) that not only got one reread but were read up to three to five times in rapid succession. It all depends on how good the story is and how long it's been since the author had a book out. In particular Christine Feehan's Carpathian series tends to get around 2-4 rereads because they always have little things that you miss the first time through so I'll read them at least twice before I move on to another book.

No comments: