Friday, August 27, 2021

Looking forward to this one

I love John Flanagan books. Absolutely love them.
I discovered them quite by accident. The first copy I found had a boy who looked a bit like my brother on the cover and the description said "Alan will love this to me". He wasn't willing to read it.
My mother was. She loved it. So I read it. And I loved it.
Approximately 25 books later and I can't get over this cover.
Painted pony!!!
Also the Ranger horses in these books are full characters themselves. I'm hoping Abelard makes an appearance. Also that Abelard's Ranger makes it home. We all know Halt is my favorite character.
Alan did eventually read it and love it. So did my uncle. Its a family thing now.

2 comments:

threecollie said...

The Ranger ponies remind me of Jack....and Richard...

Breezey375 said...

Exactly! Stocky little guys with opinions!